My Internet Connection Cuts Out

BladeII 11:25 25 Aug 07

I'm a complete donk when it comes to computers and all their technical jargon so could people reply in simple step by step instructions. Thanks.

My problem is that sometimes when I click on the screen to go to another page when I'm online I get a blank page and the message "Could Not Connect To Server". It's most frustrating when I'm paying bills online or sending emails as I don't know if they've been sent.

I've phoned my Internet Provider (Virgin Media), and they say there is no problem at their end. I've cleared temporary files and done a disk clean-up and a virus scan and nothing has changed. So what is going on and how can I fix it?

Clapton is God 13:17 25 Aug 07

Try:

Go to Control Panel; Internet Options and choose the Connections tab.

Ensure that 'Always dial my Default connection' is selected. Click Apply.

Then choose Settings; Advanced. Ensure that 'Disconnect if idle for xx minutes' is NOT ticked and 'Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed' is also NOT ticked.

birdface 20:25 25 Aug 07

Or try Control Panel.Internet Options.Connections. Lan Settings.Make sure Automatic detect Settings is ticked,Ok, Apply, Ok. Or try Control Panel.Administrative tools,Services, Scroll down to DNS Client and make sure it is set to automatic,Or try control Panel.Network connections, Right click Local Area Connection and press repair.Or try switching your Modem off for 20 seconds.restart modem and leave for 2 minutes before you use it again.Try this speed test to make sure that you are getting the correct speed. click here Or just press the refresh button and see if you get the screen that you are looking for.

birdface 20:29 25 Aug 07

If you are using any Firewall other than Windows,Try turning your Firewall off and see if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5