My IE8 Disconnecting Itself On Some Websites.Why?

Big L 266 10:13 12 May 09

Hello.For the past few days,my IE8 has developed an intermittent habit of disconnecting itself from certain websites.Today,I was looking for cinemas showing the new Star Trek film.When I linked to one namely the West End Cinema in Boston,my IE8 disconnected itself twice from the website saying there was a fault.In the past week,I've noticed it do the same to Stagecoach In Peterborough and even Traveline.I'm at a loss as to know why.On some occasions,closing the browser and re-opening it has solved the problem,but on several others,doing the same thing hasn't worked.

I've tried the right click in the system tray to get it to repair itself,but am told there's nothing wrong.I've done a full security sweep using AdAware,McAfee,Spybot etc but there are no bugs.I've even used ParetoLogic to remove all my visited websites,and done a registry check.All my security software is up-to-date as are my updates from everyone.Even my Secunia says everythings correctly working and patched.

Any help,suggestions etc would be gratefully received as to what might be happening and how it can be fixed.Thank you very much for your help in advance.

birdface 10:24 12 May 09

AdAware,McAfee,Spybot Not the greatest selection I would add Malwarebytes[Free or trial version] or Superantispyware.

Try this.

Try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns a small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Ok. it should tell you DNS has been flushed if so reboot and see if it works any better.

Big L 266 10:31 12 May 09

Hello and thank you for your reply. I've tried this several times and there's no results to show within the command prompt. Do I asume all is clear now?

birdface 10:33 12 May 09

Nothing showing at all it should have said DNS cache has been flushed.Did you remember to leave a little gap between ipconfig and forward slash.

john bunyan 10:35 12 May 09

I have had similar spasmodic problems. Have scanned with Malawarebites and Superantispyware, and AVG8, no probs. All this since IE8 install. Had an initial problem, now resolved, with a Canon Print toolbar (It does not work with ie8). Reading other threads, click here

I suspect there are some background programmes that are not fully compatible, yet, with IE8.

Big L 266 10:39 12 May 09

I did indeed do as you asked.I've since redone it and this time it says "The requested operation requires elevation" on the screen. Last time it said nothing. Is this right?

Big L 266 10:42 12 May 09

I've got the IE8 running with Vista Home Premium 32bit. Its been running alright since February except for the past few days. I'll give the Malwarebites & SuperA a trial. Perhaps there's a small 'bug' the other security software hasn't found. What do you think?

birdface 10:44 12 May 09

Maybe try this if the other way does not work.

go to start, run and type in > CMD

Press enter

copy and paste this into the black box

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2

press enter

restart

Like john bunyan pointed out when you Install IE8 some of the add-ons no longer work they still say enabled beside them but the folders are empty and they have to be downloaded again.And do you have compatibility view ticked under tools.

birdface 10:45 12 May 09

Ok.Forget the last as I don't know what it should say in Vista as i use XP.

birdface 10:50 12 May 09

I would give at least one of the other Anti-Malware programs a try both are very good and should find anything that is lurking about.The others that you have are fairly good but not for digging deep.

birdface 10:54 12 May 09

Found this if it helps with ipconfig.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…