My IE Browser has slowed down

The Brown Rock 17:09 PM 23 Apr 12

My granddaughter (8) having downloaded some "fun games" to my computer after which I found that Explorer had slowed down considerably with a very noticable time lapse. My computer noted the browser problem and flagged three addons that might be disabled to help matters. While this was a help I feel that there could be further improvement as I'm still not happy with performance. Any suggestions as to how I might improve this situation and how I might go about it please.

john bunyan 17:21 PM 23 Apr 12

If I were you I would scan with anti malware. Good ones are Superantispyware and Malawarebytes- both free.

The Brown Rock 21:44 PM 23 Apr 12

Thanks John, I downloaded SuperAntispyware,; it found 88 infections or tracking cookies. More importantly it found 4 pups that I believe came from the "fun games" with advice for immediate removal. After a reboot I'm happy that everything would appear to be back to normal Thanks to you John and PC Advisor for the sound advice as usual.

The Brown Rock

john bunyan 22:08 PM 23 Apr 12

The Brown Rock

Glad it worked. I would run it regularly. Could you Green tick on the right if you have solved it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know