my hp720c desktop is giving problems

Shagrin1 16:42 30 Oct 03

It has been playing up for a while, kept on informing me that the contact was lost. I sorted this out by switching it off and on again but this doesn't work any more. Where can I get a new driver for it? when I look up adding Printer on my Printers in the control panel, the 720c isn't listed and they recommend me to load a compatible printer from the list which one do I load?
I am using W98 SE Shagrin

A_World_Maker 16:53 30 Oct 03

would this help? click here

Djohn 17:02 30 Oct 03

click here If this link works, it will take you to the driver for your printer. If not use the link above from "A_World_Maker" and sellect win.98.

Also make sure the cable from the printer to the rear of your PC is fully connected. Plastic screw heads at the PC end and wire "snap-over clips at the printer end. Disconnect the cable at both ends and re-connect again to make sure. j.

Djohn 17:09 30 Oct 03

The link I provided works, [To my amazement].

Click on the file to download the driver and save it to your "My Documents" or somewhere that you will be able to find it. Log off the internet and close down any programs that are running in the background, then double click the new Icon, the driver will install from a set-up screen, just follow on-screen instructions. j.

DieSse 17:41 30 Oct 03

On some HP models, an "out of contact" message can result from one of the ink cartridges being empty.

Stuartli 17:56 30 Oct 03

My mate has an HP890C which began to exhibit problems with colour reproduction - none of the usual checks on configuration or test pages brought any clues.

He eventually took it to be repaired and it was discovered that the new genuine HP colour cartridge he had bought was faulty...

The faulty cartridge was replaced and the new one worked perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…