My home page address

sattman 14:43 17 May 03

I have a problem developed where my home page is being changed each time I boot the computor.

On checking the new home address is linked to something (---spider) and I find that I have a new folder in programme folders call PLUS! that has empty folders Pinball, Spider, and Theme and a application with 36kb data named 'SYSAGENT'

I am not sure if it is related but on checking SYSAGENT on the internet I get information about platform level etc that does not make sense to me.

I have renamed PLUS and computor seems ok, have any of you guys any leads on this one.

VoG™ 14:52 17 May 03

Check for parasites using Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

If they don't work try click here

When sorted get start page guard click here

keith-236785 15:33 17 May 03

You don't say which windows you are using but if you have spider then it must be win ME or newer, Spider and Pinball and Theme are all part of windows so you dont need to worry about those, however the program changing your home page is probably a "virus, Trojan, Worm or Javascript file" that has got onto your system, virus check your computer, check for Trojans, atshield,(do a search for it m8) is good for trojans its a 30 day free trial which is enough to clear your system. the homepage it changes to i would suspect is of undesireable content, the only other thing that springs to mind is to 1. delete all your cookies. 2. delete all files from your temporary internet files folder. 3. clear your history. 4. set your homepage back to what you want and try again, fingers crossed you should have got rid of it. all the steps above can be found by opening IE/tools/internet options. hope this helps, if not post back and i will try to think of something else.

vinnyo123 16:47 17 May 03

spybot gets three stars from me
excellant program ,You won't believe how many unwanted things can be downloaded in the background when searching web ....Also found things that Personal firewall missed spybot (spyware filter)warned me about and let me STOP it!!!

sattman 21:26 17 May 03

I should have said running ME.

Thanks to all for the speedy replies, I am using
Spybot and I have just run a virus check with NA

neither show a problem - I have cleaned out the dross and reset the home address so I shall now see what happens.

Problem was more anoying than a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…