My hard drive is filling up automatically

speedie 19:30 26 Feb 04

checked for viruses.
I have a 160 gig HD. The filling file is in Document and Settings Folder and then my name folder. Can not see any large files althouth the foldef shows 145Gig!

Also my D drive Back Up is also filling up rapidly!

Any advise welcome thank you.

woodchip 19:36 26 Feb 04

I would say yes VIRUS

woodchip 19:37 26 Feb 04

Have you got a check mark not to show hidden files

The Spires 19:39 26 Feb 04

Have you tried on online virus scan click here

i4c 21:17 26 Feb 04

I have had the same problem to day.

C: drive has gone from 9 gig to 145 gig of invisible files and is nearly full!

Solution Control panel / folder options / Set to view Invisible files.

C: document and settings / default user (greyed out) / inside Temp folder. Delete - not able to delete as file is to large for wastebin. Delete anyway yes. I found several small applications that said they would not run if I deleted them. In a temp file so deleted them. Some were APPZ.txt leggimi.txt msaaso_rdk etc etc. In the end 145meg GONE! My C: drive now had 9 gig !!!

I guess it must have been a Trojan

Hope this helps

Jester2K 21:25 26 Feb 04

leggimi.txt is Italian (??) for readme so can you open that to give you any clues??

Make sure it is a text file first!

i4c 21:53 26 Feb 04

Thanks Jester

I deleted the lot. I now think those files mentioned were just the files showing when the exe files were about to be deleted.

Have to say I anm very happy that the 145Gig has gone. Incredible that so much was accumulated in such a short time. By to morrow my computer would have been dead for sure!

Just removed around 20 trojan's

Kind regards
Ian

speedie 22:45 26 Feb 04

Thanks for the info - it worked for me too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…