my game wont run.

notmeguv 19:39 07 Feb 04

xp pro. 2.4ghz. 512mb ddr. i just bought black&white by ea games. it insalled succesfully but wgen i go to run it no message comes up it just stops and sends me back to my desktop. my directx tests where ok. i got a nvidia gforce fx 5600 128mb. i tried closing all my programs like msn messinger and anti virus. please help cos it looks good.

notmeguv 19:46 07 Feb 04

and all my other games still work and ive been through the useless help files that came with the game.

AndyJ 19:50 07 Feb 04

I think Black and White is a pre-XP game, so you may have to run it in compatability mode (fight-click on desktop icon, select Properties then Compatability tag)

User FAQs for the game can be found here click here

hugh-265156 19:51 07 Feb 04

click here click here click here

try a patch click here

also try updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version click here

grabster 19:55 07 Feb 04

Hi, You could try this link click here and maybe check out the tech support as there could be a hundred and one reasons why it wont run, it works ok for me on my similar system with geforce 4mx 440.
Great game by the way.

notmeguv 19:59 07 Feb 04

it didnt give me the option to create a desktop icon, how do i create one? please

grabster 20:13 07 Feb 04

Find the game files then right click on the .exe file which starts the game,cant remember which one as i have uninstalled the game recently,and click send to/desktop then locate the shortcut on your desktop and use that to start the game.

grabster 20:15 07 Feb 04

Program files\EAgames\blackandwhite perhaps ???

notmeguv 20:30 07 Feb 04

cant find any .exe files. aaaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhh! sorry bout that pissed of am i.

notmeguv 20:39 07 Feb 04

none of the above works. please help me.

notmeguv 20:49 07 Feb 04

do you think it could be cos i havent got a sound card and itd a biult in sound max thingy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…