My game port will not work (Device Mngr code 12)

ajar 18:22 31 May 04

I have installed a sound card in my computer so that I have access to a game port. (My sound card was internal and there was no game port) The trouble is that I now get a 'Code 12' Device Mngr warning and the port does not work. The warning says that "Input/Output Range 0201 - 0201 not available", but nothing else appears to be using this range and the facility to make changes under the 'Resources' tab is greyed out. Please help!

Fruit Bat 20:20 31 May 04

Code 12

This device cannot find any free <type> resources to use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you must disable another device that is using the resources this device needs. To do this, click Hardware Troubleshooter and follow the instructions in the wizard.

Where <type> is a resource type (IRQ, DMA, Memory, or I/O).

This code means that one of the resource arbitrators failed. This can occur if the device is software configurable and it does not currently have a resource (if the system is out of resources). For example, all the interrupts are in use, or the device requests a resource that is currently in use by another device that will not release the resource.

To resolve this problem, follow the instructions in the Hardware Troubleshooter. In addition, see the see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

ARTICLE-ID: Q133240
TITLE: Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…