My friend has lost his daughter

  intense 23:21 17 Dec 07

Hi guys,
my friends daughter was picked up by her mother about a week ago and he's heard nothing at all since.
She's given a false address and wont reply to his calls. we're trying to find a mobile tracking service which doesn't send a text to notify the 'trackee' can anybody help?

  Stuartli 23:29 17 Dec 07

On the surface, there doesn't appear to be anything illegal involved.

  intense 23:31 17 Dec 07

mate we need to know where she is not whether its legal or not!

  Stuartli 23:42 17 Dec 07

I can understand your reaction, but it's still not clear whether any offence has been committed.

You stated that she was picked up by her mother - that would be the basis of the action to be taken, if any, by the police if they became involved.

I doubt whether you could achieve what you propose re mobile tracking.

Perhaps contacting the mobile phone company involved could answer your question?

  MAJ 23:43 17 Dec 07

It's one for the police, as her father he is entitled to know she is safe.

  Stuartli 23:50 17 Dec 07

Not necessarily - she has been "picked up" by her own mother.

Unless there is any reason to believe that something untoward may happen to the daughter, it's unlikely that the police would wish/want to become involved.

In any case, this is a computer forum and such matters are best discussed in an appropriate environment.

  intense 23:51 17 Dec 07

sorry guys this is not the question i'm asking. it's not the question of legality it's a question of technology.
how can i track a mobile phone location without the person knowing i am tracking it?

  Stuartli 23:54 17 Dec 07

I doubt whether you can do so.

  MAJ 23:58 17 Dec 07

I agree, this isn't the place to discuss it.

  MAJ 00:05 18 Dec 07

"how can i track a mobile phone location without the person knowing i am tracking it?"

That's not a service a private individual should have access to, indeed, it would be highly dangerous if they had. Contact the police.

  MAJ 00:24 18 Dec 07

The solution is simple, contact the police, insist that Dad is worried about the diappearance of his daughter and her mother. They will investigate and let him know if both are safe. I would be worried if he hasn't already went down that route.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…