My form handler's not working.

ade.h 17:19 10 Jan 06

Could someone have a look at this form handler for me and tell me where I might have gone wrong? click here

It is supposed to submit to email via the server, a feature which the server in question supports because I've used it before, but when I test it with some data and activate the handler, it pops up in my mail client's new message window! Arrgh!

I have javascript enabled for this site, so I don't think it's my browser. F'fox 1.5, by the way. The site is done in NOF8.

NB: - Please ignore the unfinished state of this site; it's a new project for a friend's tour business and we have just started working on it. The dull sitestyle will soon be replaced by a more appropriate self-designed style.

Thanks all.

ade.h 18:41 10 Jan 06

For the purposes of testing the form, I am currently using my own e-mail address with it. Please avoid sending any messages through this method if possible.
Thanks.

ade.h 19:08 10 Jan 06

I haven't run into problems with NOF's form handler until today. My ISP does not provide its own scripts as far as I know, but that's a moot point as it will of course be going onto my friend's own domain once the site is finished. He is registered with Streamline. I will ask Streamline about scripts.

Could you suggest a free script that I could try? Something that I could incorporate into the site code without causing problems with NOF?

ade.h 18:42 12 Jan 06

^Bump to top^

I've had a look at the finer points of Streamline's server features and scripts are fully supported. Same goes for my freespace. I've experimented with uploading the form to the Streamline domain - that's the one that my friend will use when the site's finished - and the problem persists, so it must be something in the script.

But since the script is standard to NOF and has been used successfully on one of my own sites, I can't see what I can do about it.

Can anyone tell me what the best tack is? Use a new script maybe? If so, what one?

Hope someone can help, I'm getting frustrated by this. We need to have forms on the site.

harristweed 19:30 12 Jan 06

click here

but teach yourself PHP and your troubles are over

ade.h 19:35 12 Jan 06

Thanks Harristweed. I'll have a look at that shortly and leave this thread open in the meantime.

Learn PHP - Easier said than done for me! That's why I use NOF - next to no code work involved.

I'm strictly an amateur.

ade.h 17:50 13 Jan 06

Well I've had a read of that site, and most of it went right over my head. I really need to keep this as easy as possible, and that really means getting the existing form script to work. It's worked before, so it should do so again...

Could anyone with knowledge of Net Objects Fusion 8 and its form script guide me through the trouble-shooting process please?

ade.h 11:19 17 Jan 06

Would page suffixes (php, etc.) make any difference, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5