My firefox is on a go slow compared to IE, why?

Pooke 11:51 28 Jun 05

Did a speed test and it came back at 1.8 meg which is normal. But IE seems to load pages alot faster than FF at the moment. FF also takes a while to load when I click the shortcut in the the quicklaunch bar.

I have tried the same sites in both browsers and FF is slow now compared to what I am used to with the browser.

It's on XP home sp2. and I am using the latest version of FireFox.

octal 12:44 28 Jun 05

I haven't got an answer at the moment, just a quick question. Is this a recent occurrence or has it always been like that?

octal 12:58 28 Jun 05

This might be worth trying:

click here

Or you can download an extension which does the same: click here

Some people it works for, some it doesn't, it didn't make ant difference at all to my speed but it may for you..

flimbo 13:57 28 Jun 05

Or you could try Firetune - optimizes Firefox for faster browsing.
click here

Pooke 16:22 28 Jun 05

Recent, like just last night.

I'll have a go with the other stuff you've posted and flimbo's aswell. Many Thanks.

Just a thought would it be something to do with ms antispyware flagging up ist.istbar? It found 2 registry entries and that was all, no trace of it since and I have scanned with spybot, adaware and my AV: all is clean. The only thing I'm suffering is FF being slow.

Pooke

octal 17:31 28 Jun 05

flimbo's link does exactly the same as mine, but prettily.

I wouldn't have though finding those entries would have had an affect, but at this stage I wouldn't discount anything.

I'll have a think and come back to you, in the meantime someone else might have an idea.

octal 17:46 28 Jun 05

I've been browsing the Mozillazine forums, there are a few references to FF being slow, but only one I could find specifically relating to your problem:

click here

I typed in 'slow' in the search and this is the rest of the postings, you'll see what I mean. click here

It might be worth asking on mozillazine as well.

octal 17:49 28 Jun 05

They've also got a useful rendering test link on that page as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…