My external hard drive, crash and restart my pc

habs 22:15 16 Feb 04

Hi everybody

Please i need you help. I have windows xp home edition,with 80 GB hard disk as master(boot up drive).I have another 200 GB hard disk as external . I bought CADDY for the 200GB.everytime

i restart my computer and switch the external Hard drive on and when i am on desktop by using 80GB hard disk, to be able to access the 200GB , i received a message near the clock saying:New hardware found,MASS device), or something like that. then my computer crash and restart , i have done that so many times,all the times this happened.

I gave my caddy 200GB to my friend, he tried it on his computer but his computer doesn't crash.

I bought new PCI USB2 card from BELKIN.

I don't know what is happening, can somebodyhelp me solve this problem.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

My kindest regards
habs

howard60 22:51 16 Feb 04

you really need to state what pc you are running and what operating system. It could be an old mobo with a bios that needs flashing

woodchip 22:58 16 Feb 04

What does it do if you have the drive connected and switch on when you start the comp

habs 07:25 17 Feb 04

for howard 60:
I am running windows XP home edition, tiny

computer, 1024 SDRAM memory,Direct X 9. I am afraid to update the bios, it will stop my computer working as you know.

For woodchip: I haven't tried my computer with the 200GB drive in.

I will let you know later

Again thank you so much for all your help.
habs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…