Is my Epson stylus photo 1290 dead ??

dunsberry55 01:59 15 Aug 10

I had a really bad paper jam which I cleared and then cleaned off the roller, but now when I turn the printer on, the print head just judders back and forth about ten times and then ends up at the left hand side and the red light comes on.
Have tried everything I can..is it dead ?

Big L 266 08:38 15 Aug 10

Hello.

dunsberry55....I can sympathise with that when my old ancient Lexmark did it a few years ago.I thought I'd tried everything and wonder if a small piece of paper is still there causing the problem. Cutting a long story short,I picked up my small printer and 'shook' it vigorously a few times. A small piece of paper was jammed inside its rollers but the shaking had somehow dislodged it. Once I was certain it was the only piece of paper left,I plugged it all back in and it worked again.I wonder if this might work for you?

All the best.

Big L 266

jack 08:46 15 Aug 10

click here
Click the support tab and ask the 'Q'
also
click here

You description does suggest a fragment is still in there-probably on the right hand side where the sensor/microswitch is located.

Try feeding a piece of card through by hand - just ram it through- this will often resolve the matter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…