My Epson cx3200 won't install on my new pc

smithdm33 23:16 31 Jul 06

I recently bought a Dell Dimension 5150 desktop pc and when I connected my Epson CX3200 All in One printer to it I got the message "new hardware device found - usb -mfp" then I got the message "Unable to install new device properly - you might not be able to use this device properly". The printer is about 2 years old and it uses a usb lead to connect to the pc/(probably usb1). (pc usb2) I have tried downloading the most up to date driver from the epson website but this made no difference. Dell tech support were not very helpful - they just said the problems with the printer and not the pc so its nothing to do with them. I've emailed epson but not heard anything yet. I'm at my wits end - please help.

Diversion 23:25 31 Jul 06

You have to put the installation disc in the drive and only turn your printer on when it tells you to do so. I have the CX6600 and this installs the same way.

ed-0 00:08 01 Aug 06

pop the driver disk in. Pick either the custom or full installation. When it asks for the printer, connect the usb and turn the printer on.

Still running a cx3200 with no problems.:-)

.:?:. 00:29 01 Aug 06

Im still running styles color 600!

just about does the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos