My email address is being changed

Newuser1936 22:18 01 Jul 03

Suddenly i find that my email address has been changed/modified and that people cant send me mail back. I use Outlook, have Norton antivirus, checked tools etc for any changes there so am at a loss? Using w98 2Ed

Paul

jazzypop 22:48 01 Jul 03

Can you describe the change (without giving away your full email address).

If it was [email protected], is it now [email protected], or [email protected], or [email protected]?

In other words, which part of your eamil address is being changed, and in what way?

Try to post a similar example to your proper email address, and how it has been changed.

DieSse 23:29 01 Jul 03

Is it any emails to you that don't work, or just replies.

If it's just replies, look at your email settings Tools - Accounts - Mail - click on your account and then click the Properties button. Look and see if you email address and/or reply address have been changed.

You can test all this yourself by sending mail to yourself, and also sending Replies to your own mail, and seeing what happens.

Newuser1936 00:11 04 Jul 03

That was the changes that were happening to my emails. I have since changed my password and reverted to Outlook and touch wood all seems to be OK so far but will it happen again? was it my internet providers fault?

Paul at worried.here.now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…