my e mail address used as spam?

applecroc 00:07 25 Jun 05

I have received a mail from someone claiming they think my e mail address is being used as spam. This person says they keep getting mail addressed from me. How can this be possible. I can't see how someone can be getting into my account as the sent folder isn't registering these.I have definitely not sent mail to this person. Can anyone explain this to me . Thanks.

p;3 00:13 25 Jun 05

would ask; do you know this person , or is this in itself a spam mail?

have they sent you or told you the exact address that is being apparently used?

applecroc 00:17 25 Jun 05

Never heard of this person or their mail address before but the message came to my e mail claiming they had a message from me.? which they hadn't.

p;3 00:24 25 Jun 05

dont suppose you have mailwasher there to check the route of it and see if it has more than one destination? in other words a spam mail for you? and presume you have not responded to it:)

muscic lover 00:37 25 Jun 05

probably just a spam mail sent to you to entice you to open it to see if your account is valid!
delete it and ignore it!

applecroc 11:49 25 Jun 05

ok folks ,thanks for the advise .I will treat this as a spam mail. Thanks

bremner 11:59 25 Jun 05

It is most likely that someone with your e mail address is their address book has been infected by one of the mass mailing worms.

This then sends e mails preporting to be from you to all and sundry. The first yopu know is when you suddenly get hit with lots of bounced e amils or someone contacts you saying you have been sending them e mail.

I suffered this when a work colleague got MyDoom, I used Mailwasher to screen the mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…