My DVD Media Suite and sound problems

I am using Sonic My DVD Media Suite with a Sony DVRPC9 camcorder. Whenever I capture from camera to PC using My DVD I get a crackling/distortion on the right and rear right speakers on playback. Editing and copying does not remove it and it is still there (on the TV) when playing a dvd made from it.

Ulead and MGI software does not do this so I am assuming its not the sound device (onboard Realtec AC97 - Gigabyte Mobo) and loading, editing and making a dvd from either of these 2 does not produce this problem so it must be when MY DVD captures to the hard drive.

Any ideas as to what is causing it and more to the point - how to cure it? I do actually like the software and find it comfortable to use but the distortion is too much for comfort.(MGI and Ulead are just a tad to complex for me!)

MichelleC 22:09 11 Jan 04

And it looks like Sony (who have taken over Sonic Foundry) have stopped support on My DVD as they've dropped it's forum. I think if you email Sony/Sonic support they may help. Their support on dv editing progs is great. The capture utility in Video Factory/Movie Studio is a separate bit of kit and very occasionally a clean re-install of whole prog would fix any probs.

MichelleC 22:12 11 Jan 04

BTW which MGI prog is it? Some dv editors try to take over a lot of resources and can cause conflicts in other suites. It depends on order of install, and it's trial and error.

Thanks for the response, sorry to take so long to reply but I have been trying to find the best way to be as precise as possibele (and not very well -ho hum)

MGI is Videowave III SE which came with the camcorder (I think). Its working ok and I quite like the way that you can split segments up further BUT with Sonic My DVD (V4) it is easier to break up a whole tape and send it to different projects.

This fits in better with what I am trying to do eg 3 horses, 3 riders 1 owner (wife) - lets get each horse on a tape, each rider on a tape, each event on a tape. As you will appreciate it can take a long time BUT the showbiz sofware will let me do it quickly and easily, the others don't.

However, use another piece of capture software other than My DVD and the processing will take forever (and twice cos it will re-rocess it no matter what you have already done to it - unless it was captured by it and processed by showbiz!).

Mike ® 23:29 11 Jan 04

Sonic Desktop Support - Europe:

Tel: +44-20-7439-1477
Fax: +44-20-7437-1151
WebMail: click here
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 to 18:00 GMT

Ta for the link - plenty to have a go at. Might try a clean new install as well - you never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…