My DVD drive won't recognise blank CD disks anymor

sikefula 09:16 19 May 06

Hi folks,

My DVD drive has suddenly stopped recognising all types of blank cd disks,its's an LG 2500A one,with Nero 6 installed.If I try to write anything to disk,it keeps on telling me to put a blank disk in despite one present in the drive.I have tried different media types to no avail.

The drive recognises disks with data on them though including playing videos and music. Even trying to write with windows to the disks will bring up the "no disk present,please insert a blank disk". The drive has been working well until now. I have tried System restore,update drive,rollback drive options without any joy at all.

Any suggestion,please?

rawprawn 09:36 19 May 06

Right click on your DVD Drive select
Properties/Recording/ make sure the box "enable recording on this drive" is ticked

Stuartli 09:46 19 May 06

I think your suggestion is with regard to burning CD-Rs from within Windows Media Player.

I have this feature disabled (even though I have a Nero WMP plug-in installed instead of the WMP's Roxio version) and burning media brings no problems using Nero6 Reloaded.

Newuser4165 09:58 19 May 06

If you are usinf Startsmart there is a disk type menu tab - CD DVD and CD/DVD at the top.Have you selected the CD/DVD option or is it set to DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…