My DVD drive icon has disappeared

ilturisto 20:51 10 May 05

Hi everybody, hope someone knows the answer to this.
For some reason, Windows doesn't recognise that there's a DVD drive attached to my computer. There is nothing in Device Manager either. Can anyone help? I've got the most recent AVG Free Virusscan and it says all is clean.

I'm lost without the use of it, please help!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:33 10 May 05

Can you see it in BIOS? (Shows on the first screen as the PC boots up)

No CD/DVD
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

Mr Scone 22:07 11 May 05

Alternatively, if you've just installed the DVD drive you may have failed to make a good connection with either the power cable or (more likely) the ide cable (check at drive and on motherboard.

MS

ilturisto 13:29 12 May 05

I solved th problem thanks, i just used system restore on Start/Programs/Applications/System Tools/System Restore

Seemed to have solved the problem (for now!)

Wil bear it the suggestions in mind for next time tho - thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…