My DV camera can't connect to the right Firewires

tbb 23:36 01 Mar 03

When I conect and switch on my DV camera, the PC Firewire connection detects it and requests the DV drivers. These don't get detected. The makers of the PCI Firewire card say that Panasonic should provide these. Panasonic say they ought to be in Windows XP, or maybe the card uses non-Microsoft drivers. The Firewire card itself seems to be functioning OK, since the camera is detected. That uses the native WinXP drivers, although it did take a couple of installs to locate them.
What do I do now?

MAJ 23:46 01 Mar 03

Have you checked the Panasonic site to see if there are any updated drivers, or like USB devices, do the drivers have to be installed prior to attaching the camera?

tbb 23:00 02 Mar 03

No, Panasonic tell me to contact the PCI card manufacturers. They tell me to contact Panasonic.
Both think that maybe the drivers should be in XP, but to contact the other to find out. Panasonic suggest maybe the PCI card needs some other non-Microsoft drivers and a patch from the PCI card makers. The PCI card people say that it might need Panasonic drivers.
I've copied each's suggestion to the other, now neither of them seem to have any answers!!

MichelleC 08:56 03 Mar 03

This could be the dv/xp driver issue. XP doesn't support some dv cams but no one will own up to it. It's got something to do with it's own dv software/firewire setup. You can try reinstalling the firewire card (Texas Instruments drivers r the most used), or some people dual boot with 98 to make it easier to get round the prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…