my down loads

1st spring 22 Jan 13
Answered

I am cleaning up my PC and I have many downloads that I do not use. Do you think I need to keep Broadband Medic? It looks to me as if it is just advertising broad bands. I also have siw and Belarc analysis, These two are similar telling me about my PC. Belarc does update my profile but I never look at them I am told they are handy to have in case someone asks me about my PC i.e maybe on this forum. I have google quick search and google tool bar this is for my IE Do you think I need both?

Chronos the 2nd 22 Jan 13
Answer

According to Google Broadband medic is associated with Virgin? Broadband Medic is a diagnostic program. You can remove it if you want. If you'are running Windows XP, simply go to Control Panel and remove the application using the Add/Remove tool.

AS for Belarc or SIW take your pick. Belarc has everything on one page but SIW is more detailed. Your choice which one to remove.

wee eddie 22 Jan 13

The Programs that you mention take-up tiny amounts of your Hard Drive.

You would better by moving any Movies that you have, onto an External Hard Drive, each one, many time the total size of all those little programs put together.

lotvic 22 Jan 13

Keep all of those little programs, they are very useful when you need them.

Broadband Medic has useful guides and tutorials to do with your broadband and email problems. Presented in an easy to follow way.

Belarc and SIW are useful for info for others to help if your pc goes wrong.

hiwatt 22 Jan 13

Broadband medic goes back to the NTL days of virgin.I personally would uninstall it!I did.

lotvic 22 Jan 13

1st spring, my apologies, hiwatt is right, Broadband Medic is a very old out-dated program and is no longer needed. (I had thought it was a modern version from Virgin, but there is no modern version)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message