My documents..No space left

pinnicat 21:21 05 Oct 05

i hace just tried to store aword document in the "My documents" file and my system is telling me the disc is full. I have checked "MY computer" and it is nothing like...why is this happening?

VoG II 22:29 05 Oct 05

What is the exact error message and which version of Word?

pinnicat 22:53 05 Oct 05

"Disk is full or you have too may open files...as I said neither is tru. My Word is part of office 2000. I have avhuge selection of photos in my docs, but surely it's not a limited capacity file...is it?

GaT7 23:03 05 Oct 05

See if this helps click here. G

pinnicat 23:11 05 Oct 05

now this looks familiar...I shall peruse this advise/link. at least i know it's not a "me" problem.Thanks for the help.

bremner 09:22 06 Oct 05

Whilst crossbow7 seems to have identified your problem - you also say "but surely it's not a limited capacity file...is it?"

There are limitations on the size of files and the maximumu number of files a folder can hold. This is dependent on your particular file system click here

wee eddie 17:22 06 Oct 05

Create a few Folders.

Move your Files into the new Folders.

Many moons ago I had a similar problem with a ZIP Drive. Limited, I found to 1024 files or so.

I did the above and the problem was solved.

This may not solve your problem, but could be worth a try.

pinnicat 21:58 06 Oct 05

All I needed to do was throw all the single word docs in to one folder as suggested and it accepts saves fine now. i have tried this about 30 times , without fail.By the time it clogs up again, i will have afull hard drive anyway. Thanks again.as ever.

ade.h 22:16 06 Oct 05

Please tick as Resolved, to aid other users with similar problems.

pinnicat 22:39 06 Oct 05

sorry thought i had

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…