My Documents.... HELP

ste_bla 16:25 01 Jun 04

In Windows XP in my documents i have two annoying folders that refused to die, i delete them and the come back how dod i get rid of them?

MY MUSIC
MY PICTURES

I hid them which only half works coz they still show up in my documents in the start up menu which really really bugs me..

zackeriney 16:26 01 Jun 04

on start menu right click choose properties and there should be an option to hide them.

ste_bla 16:36 01 Jun 04

It only has Open & Explore and i cant find the recent folder in c:/windows has it moved place since win98?

zackeriney 16:37 01 Jun 04

yep
last time i checked it was

C:\documents and settings\zackeriney\recent

replace zackeriney with your computer username

ste_bla 16:38 01 Jun 04

Found recent folder but no icons for those folders?

Any more ideas?

johnsims 16:42 01 Jun 04

right click on start. Select Properties. Click on Customise button. Click on Advanced tab. Scroll down the in the window and remove the folders from the list by deselecting them

ste_bla 16:51 01 Jun 04

When click on advance tab it opens windowsexplorer and the only folders i can is "programs" and in thecustomise box none of the boxes about my pictures/music are ticked

ste_bla 16:59 01 Jun 04

click here

gunna give it a go now...

ste_bla 17:12 01 Jun 04

If anyone reading this wants to get rid of said folders permently (if you del the reapear next login) then;

Download Tweak UI from M$ to change the default folder your save window goes to when you have a Picture..

Then delete said folders

Then create a new notepad document with samename as folders and then Hide Know Extentions

Then reboot

And last but not least they have gone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…