My Docs & Favourites, problems

pcbobby 15:02 30 Jul 05

I have always been able to drag any of my most used ‘bookmarks’, to the top of the list in MY FAVOURITES panel. But now, when I restart or reboot the PC, the ‘favourites’ list returns to alphabetical order.
Also, I do not know if there is a connection, but now when I open MY DOCUMENT folder, I have to click the MAXIMISE tab, and use the VIEW tab to reset icon size etc.

Is there a way in which I can save these settings, so that they will not change when I restart the PC?

The OS is Win 98SE

rawprawn 15:16 30 Jul 05

Do you have aprogram such as Tweakui where you can set defaults to "Arrange Favourites in alphabetical order" there are lots of programs that will set the view automatically.

pcbobby 15:51 30 Jul 05

Thank you rawprawn.
On advice recently from 'woodchip', I installed Tweakui, for another problem.
I did not think of using it in regard to this problem.
I will have a go and come back.

pcbobby 16:30 30 Jul 05

Rawprawn.
I have checked all the tabs on Tweaku1, and cannot find a facility for altering Favourite settings.

ade.h 16:38 30 Jul 05

It doesn't have one. Have you tried FavOrg? It's in the Downloads section, I think.

ade.h 16:41 30 Jul 05

Scratch that. FavOrg doesn't do what you need it to. I suggest a Google search; there are a million and one free utilities out there and one of them must be able to take control of favourites.

pcbobby 16:42 30 Jul 05

ade.h
Thanks, I shall have look to see.

rawprawn 16:59 30 Jul 05

Sorry, I thought Tweakui did . I have a program called Tune up utilities which does and I am sure there are many others. I thought it was just worth checking that it wasn't something simple like that.

rawprawn 17:04 30 Jul 05

If you click on Favourites/Organise Favourites/ then a Folder and drag your favourite web page to the top of that folder list then close, does that stay at the top?

pcbobby 20:50 30 Jul 05

rawprawn.
I did try as you suggested - But no joy

pcbobby 21:05 30 Jul 05

Problem solved!
Yesterday, I checked the ADVANCED section of CCLEANER.
Today, I had no idea that it was resetting all my manual settings on outoclean!
I have now unchecked it, and my manual settings are back to normal.

Perhaps a lesson for other novices like myself!
Thank you to everyone for their contributions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…