My dial-up is not working!!!

FoxStar 17:38 14 Feb 04

Trying to dial and connect to net, but after userid and password verified message receiving:

All devices connected
Error 50, the request is not supported.

Has anyone seen this before?

The network connection is fine!
The id and password are fine as obviously this stage of signon is bypassed!
Not receiving a modem tone!

Any advice, please email to [email protected]

Thanks

Stuartli 17:45 14 Feb 04

You should NOT request forum members to e-mail you direct - the idea of these forums is that not only can people attempt to assist you but others can learn at the same time.

Have you checked the configuration again of your connection, including whether you have set tone rather than pulse dialling.

If you still get no joy, delete the ISP connection (hopefully you will have a full record of the configuration) and create a new one.

Kitz E Kat 18:03 14 Feb 04

Quote ""..You should NOT request forum members to e-mail you direct - the idea of these forums is that not only can people attempt to assist you but others can learn at the same time....""

Quite right Stuartli, and every spammer and nutcase can email you to!!!!!!

FoxStar 18:24 14 Feb 04

Stuartli,

Thanks for replying.

Sorry about the request to be emailed. I have only just joined the forum today and was not aware exactly what I was doing.

Re your advise - none of the actions recommended has helped resolving the problem. Have you ever seen this error message before?

Thanks

PanMan 18:41 14 Feb 04

The normal sequence when I use dial up is dail sounds, followed by modem response tones, then short silence followed by Verifing userid and password. Then if all is well you are connected. I amm having some problems with connections dropping out after the message at the moment and it will re-dial again. In my case I suspect its the ISP that has a problem and I will email the support team. If you have used your setup without problems before its probably your ISP also you dont say who they are.

FoxStar 18:58 14 Feb 04

PanMan,

Thanks for your response.

I guess that I should really give more information.

I don't believe that there are any problems with the provider, as I am using the same provider from my second PC, typing this response.

The problem which I have on my original PC, has only happened, since, I have just reinstalled the Windows XP on it (following the issues wit my operating system). Obviously the first items that I have reloaded back on the PC, were Office together with Outlook, etc.

Following the set-up of my network connection, to any providers (and I have details for 3) and when trying to dial out, I start experiencing the above problem. To be honest I have never seen this error message before and it's also strange that for the first time ever I don't hear the modem tone. What actually happens is that after approx 2-3 minutes the connection windows displays:

Checking Userid and password (which means that I have connected to the other end)
All devices connected (another proof that I have connected)
and then error 50 or 31 displaying:

"The request is not supported".

I have tried following windows technical advice (Q&A) for any network/modem problems, to no avail.

I personally believe that there is some kind of network configuration issue, but unfortunately can not find it.

Strange, very strange!!!

woodchip 19:07 14 Feb 04

My guess is it on the wrong Com port

woodchip 19:09 14 Feb 04

Try going to Control Panel and go to modem and remove it, then restart computer

woodchip 19:10 14 Feb 04

PS have the Modem drivers ready as it will ask for them

Stuartli 09:27 15 Feb 04

Have a look at this:

click here;en-us;816004

Stuartli 09:36 15 Feb 04

If the link doesn't work, key in 816004 into the Knowledge Base search fields at click here

Also see:

click here;en-us;102216

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…