My dial-up is indicated as 115.2Kbps.

Daibus 11:25 16 Apr 05

I have just connected to my 2nd server and find that that the indicated Kbps is 115.2 instead of Kbps 52.0 that is normally indicated with my default server.

This 2nd server is pay-as-you-go whereas the default is 24/7.
Is it possible to double the speed and is this possible from a dial-up?

Many thanks.

mgmcc 11:33 16 Apr 05

The speed of 115.2kbps that you are seeing is the "port" speed, the speed at which data is being transferred between the PC's serial COM port and the modem, not the speed at which your internet connection is running.

The wrong speed can sometimes be reported with some modem software.

woodchip 11:59 16 Apr 05

Go into Modem Extra settings in Control Panel and Put W2 this will make it tell you the correct speed you have conncted at

Daibus 13:48 16 Apr 05

Thank you guys for your help but after going into Phone and Modem Options on the Control Panel and then Modem, where do you find Extra Settings?

I put W2 into Extra initialazating command but with no change visible on the indicated speed of my dial-up.

Not an urgent problem but would be nice to see the correct speed of the connection.

VoG II 13:53 16 Apr 05

click here will tell you what your speed is.

Daibus 14:14 16 Apr 05

VoG™

Cheers to you and my actual speed was indicated at about 28Kbps.

Many thanks.

woodchip 16:51 16 Apr 05

This is how my Extra settings look for Modem

S11=40 W2

These are for a Dial-Up connection not BB. And I do not have any others in the box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…