SANAP 22:23 10 Jun 04

I have just got a new dell monitor and if left unattended for a time it switches itself off but the only way I can get it to come back on is by removing the power lead at the back and even then I had to do this a few times just now. I know a small bit about power management and monitor is to switch off after 2 hours but the other monitor just went to standby and a click on the mouse got it back. I am suing winxp pro with new monitor so what am I doing wrong ie What do I do to get monitor re-started?

THE TERMINATOR 22:45 10 Jun 04

go into control panel,double click on power options, click on the power schemes tab and in the pull down list for system standby, choose never. TT

colrobs 22:48 10 Jun 04

If the monitor goes to standby mode usually moving the mouse restarts it. Check your power management settings - right click an empty part of the desktop > left click properties > select screensaver > left click power. What is your current monitor setting ? You could select "never" and therefor the monitor should always remain on until you close down Windows.
I am no expert on monitors but if you tell the software never to turn off the monitor (ie go to standby mode ) and it does this would have me thinking it is a fault with the monitor.
Also, have you tried emailing Dell support. I have also just got a new Dell and had to email them with a couple of problems and found their response prompt and useful.

Hope this helps

woodchip 22:52 10 Jun 04

If your going to leave the comp for two hours it makes more sense to turn the monitor of. not use standby

SANAP 22:56 10 Jun 04

thanks for replies, i have set it to turn off never and will leave it on overnight and see waht happens. I think there is a fault and it is just my luck, this is a replacement for the 1st one!! I willl email dell support as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…