My Dad's email problem

Publisher 12:43 04 Nov 05

hello all, I hope you can help. I have provided my 84 year old father with a laptop using W2000 so he can keep in touch with his family around the country, and to keep his brain working.

There is a problem with Outlook Express.

Every time he uses it he is asked for his password, despite ticking the 'remember' box, which just goes blank every time. I have gone into settings and selected 'use same outgoing and incoming', and have chosen 'my server requires secure authentication'.

He is using Supoanet dial-up.

Can anybody offer a solution?

DRiM

VoG II 12:57 04 Nov 05
  Publisher 13:03 04 Nov 05

Vog, thank for that, it looks incredibly complicated but I am willing to try it but - it does say it is for XP, my Dad's laptop uses Windows 2000.

Is it OK still?

DRiM

VoG II 13:07 04 Nov 05

Yes it should be the same in Windows 2000.

Publisher 13:10 04 Nov 05

OK Thanks, unfortunately I live 250 miles away from him, so it will have to wait till I visit.

As a last resort, if I feel happier, I might just reformat hid HD and have a new installation of XP on it for him. He has nothing on the machine to save so it would not be a problem.

Thanks

DRiM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…