my cursor has changed colour

Maryp 19:25 17 Jun 03

I've just started my Pc up, it was fine earlier, but now the cursor has changed to horrible blue colour. I did have cometcursor, but my spyware got rid of it, and it doesn't seem to be around anywhere now.
Any ideas whats done it, and how can I undo it?
I'm using windows 98se and IE6.

Valvegrid 20:17 17 Jun 03

Have you tried changing it in the control panel? If you haven't go to start then to settings then control panel. Double click on mouse click on the pointers tab, at the top of the window you'll see 'Scheme' select (None). Give that a try, if it doesn't work come back.

Paul.

Maryp 20:33 17 Jun 03

Tried that, it was on None already.

Valvegrid 20:42 17 Jun 03

How long ago did you get rid of cometcursor? If it was a while ago you could try putting the registry back to a point when it was OK after cometcursor was removed.

You can keep pressing the F8 key while the computer boots, this will take you to the startup menu.

Go down the list and select start at command promote, at the command promote type
scanreg/restore

you will be presented with a list of 5 dates select the date which the computer was running OK and hit return. This will put the computer back a stage when it was running OK.

Paul.

Valvegrid 20:43 17 Jun 03

Sorry, promote should read prompt

Maryp 21:10 17 Jun 03

Thats done it thanks. I may be pushing it, but any idea how I can find out what caused it? Or if it happens again.

Valvegrid 21:15 17 Jun 03

It does happen sometimes when something changes in the registry, like that little program, a favourite one is a change in screen appearance which happens on my system, I've never really got to the bottom of the reason why, but it doesn't worry me that much, 'cos I just change it back.

Good luck

Paul.

Maryp 21:26 17 Jun 03

Thanks for your help:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…