My computerwill not load

cooki8c 17:17 02 Jun 07

My computerwill not load past Welome and the Mouse shuts done how doI get on to basics to reload window xp as I cant get my computer to start up
postie

bezzer20 17:54 02 Jun 07

if you want to reinstall xp, you have to change the boot options in the system bios (basic input output system)- To boot up from cd-rom etc. Usually you have to press esc button just before the windows screen, can be f1 or f2 depending on the sytem i think. I mean if you dont have any wanted data on your hard drive do it, but you may find a way of rescuing it

VoG II 17:55 02 Jun 07

Try a repair first click here

Probabilitydrive 17:59 02 Jun 07

try out 'system restore' in safe mode (on boot up start tapping the F8 key. this boots your system in safe mode. You can then use system restore feature Start>All Programs>Accessories>System tools>system restore)

Try that first before you consider a repair/clean reinstall.

cooki8c 20:24 04 Jun 07

probabilitydrive
How can I run system restore when my computer will NOT load thst far LOL
postie

birdface 21:02 04 Jun 07

I take it you tried to start in safe mode and it will not work either,The only other solution will either be a system repair/ or reinstall.

birdface 21:03 04 Jun 07

I take it you tried to start in safe mode and it will not work either,The only other solution will either be a system repair/ or reinstall.

theDarkness 21:04 04 Jun 07

if you can get all the way to the welcome screen, then you can get to the advanced-mode menu, which has the safe mode option. switch on your computer, and then press and hold F8 straight away. if a black menu eventually pops up then you might be able to use the arrow keys and enter to select 'safe mode'.

then try system restore to a date when your problem was not present, if possible

cooki8c 11:08 05 Jun 07

to all{- It seems like I didnt explain clearly i cannot get XP to load as when it gets to loading XP my keyboard and mouse shut down ans a blank blue screen appears so I cant do a thing with it I have tries resetting the BIOS to run from D Drive but no go so is there any way to get my machine to boot in DOS

postie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:13 05 Jun 07

Reset BIOS to boot from CD do not enable any other boot devices.

Save and exit (F10)

Boot with XP CD in the drive and carry out a repair install

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

cooki8c 11:43 08 Jun 07

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN ALL OF YOU
I tried all the solutions that you gave but none would work as thgere was no way to load any discs so I got someone who was qualifies to fix it forb me MANY THANKS FOR THE EFFORT POSTIE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…