My computer wont download files

andy8491 19:38 19 Aug 06

I have got a windows xp computer and i am connecting to the internet using a ntl 250 cable modem connected by USB.
my internet worked correctly until i started getting messages about a registry being dammaged.
when i download a file it gets some of the way through the download and then it stops and then the internet doesnt work until i either reset the device or the computer. the problem is not the modem as i have it connected to another computer and i dont get this problem. can someone help me please??

Jackcoms 19:43 19 Aug 06

"until i started getting messages about a registry being dammaged"

Where were these messages from?

wee eddie 21:25 19 Aug 06

It'll cost 28$ to fix it.

It's a come-on.

What AV, Firewall and Ad-blockers are you running?

andy8491 12:25 20 Aug 06

i was using ntl netguard and it even occurs when the internet is not connected sometimes and what other ways is there to fix the problem

andy8491 12:26 20 Aug 06

it notifies me of problems with the registry of the computer, is there any ways of cleaning this with out using a program that i get notified to download

palinka 14:40 20 Aug 06

sounds suspiciously similar to a problem I posted recently - click here
and may have same solution.

andy8491 22:29 20 Aug 06

thankyou i will take a look

andy8491 22:32 20 Aug 06

i have had a look and this would not help me as i use windows messenger and msn messenger quite a lot, is ther any other ways of removing the scam?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…