My computer is stuck in Austria I need help

golfpro 04:49 16 May 10

Although I live in Austria but I spend a lot of time in the UK (I am English). Recently I bought a Sony Vaio laptop in Austria with Windows 7 pre installed; I had a copy of win 7 in English (student version) which I bought when I changed my Acer from Vista.
However when I installed it (clean install) and the Country/keyboard question came up I entered Austria for the country, now every time I search for programs in Google for instance, and install them more often than not they come up in German language. This does not happen on the Acer but I can’t remember what I did on that one.
Is there any way I can solve this and change the country setting in the program without actually doing another install.

northumbria61 07:00 16 May 10

Hi golfpro - do the following - Start - Control Panel - Region & Language - Location Tab - from the drop down list change to United Kingdom - click Apply - OK

golfpro 09:58 16 May 10

Hi northumbria61. Thanks for that it seems to have worked from the little bit I tried (Google etc). Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…