My computer spontaneously shuts down

D.on the Farm 16:16 11 Feb 03

Windows 98
Symantec PC Anywhere 9.2

Just got a DSL connection with Sprint on a Zyxel 645 series modem.

When I use PC Anywhere to connect to an out of state computer via the internet, my system hooks up to the other computer, I am able to work for a couple of minutes (or seconds) and then my computer either freezes up completely or, more often, reboots itself with no warning.
Why is this happening? Sprint , Zyxel, And Symantec have not been any help in resolvinh this.
This problem never happened with my dial up

JoeC 16:25 11 Feb 03

Better to keep to one thread. If no-one answers for some time, just add a response to your original thread ( such as Refresh ) and it will bring it back to the top again. : }

TechMad 16:28 11 Feb 03

My quick guess is that your computer isn't strong enough to do the task that you are asking it to. It therefore crashes. How fast is your processor, and the size of the computer's memory?

gingepaul 18:35 11 Feb 03

its probably running out of memory, or maybee the power supply is not enough, u said u recently added a dsl modem, probably usb external, if it is, try a usb hub, making sure its powered. this can somtimes be the case cos if u are running out of ram, but the processor needs the info, it will ues your hdd as virtual ram, so when u have got this programme running, your prossesor is asking the ram and disk for info and your dsl modem is taking power and prossesor cyclesand it can all get confused, then if the power[voltage] is just that but short, wham, restart.
tell me your power supplinfo, prosseor, ram, modem,and anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5