My computer sometimes cannot find server(?)

Dannymiller15 21:26 21 Dec 03

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me. Sometimes, more often than not, when i go on the internet my computer or internet explorer tells me that it cannot find the server. I have no idea what it means or how to solve it. Please could you tell me how solve this problem if you know how. your help would be greatly appreciated.

VoG II 21:39 21 Dec 03

What it means, in simple terms, is that it can't find the computer it is trying to connect to (presumably your Internet Service Provider).

Who is your ISP, what type of connection do you have (dial-up, broadband etc.) and which versions of Internet Explorer and Windows are you using?

VoG II 21:00 22 Dec 03

Via e-mail

Here are my computers specs if they help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Details
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using Internet Explorer 6 with Windows 98se. My ISP is Freeserve and my connection is a 56k modem, dial up i think.

=====================================

Danny it is best to respond ("add a response") to your own thread. That way all forum members can follow the thread and try to help. The e-mail yellow envelope is for other things.

One thing to try is a repair of Internet Explorer click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…