My Computer properties

fullyfitted 19:56 08 Mar 10

I'm using a laptop and a tower system.
On the tower if I open my computer .. properties I get a seven tab screen covering general info, Computer name,hardware,advanced,system restore and remote. The "general tab" gives a lot of information on the system,the serial number, the amount of ram and the processor.

On the laptop I get a two tab screen namely shortcut and general.The general tab simply shows type of file as shortcut,

Is it possible to get the lap top to show the same information as the tower?

FF

johnnyrocker 20:03 08 Mar 10

are the os systems the same?

johnny

SJM_81 20:07 08 Mar 10

In windows mainly xp...do this.

Start> control panel> performance and maintenance and click on the system icon.

Did that work? Anyway, you need to click on the system icon it varies in different Operating system versions.

SJM_81 20:12 08 Mar 10

Just remembered this way too. press the windows button on your computer (it sticks out because of its symbol) and press the pause button at the same time.

fullyfitted 20:14 08 Mar 10

johnnyrocker,

Sorry should have said both XP

SJM_81,

Yes that worked, got the information I was looking for. Just out of curiosity I would like to get it on the desk top but I can live without it

Many thanks

FF

fullyfitted 20:20 08 Mar 10

SJM_81,
Didn't see your second post until I'd tried your first suggestion, That also worked.

Thanks again

FF

Sea Urchin 20:57 08 Mar 10

To get My Computer on the desktop go to Start and right-click on My Computer - select Show on Desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…