My computer monitor screen makes the words move up and down, How can I stop this?

lili5689 04:42 AM 20 Jun 11

It is like some else has taken over my computer. If i try to click on something on the screen , the words start moving up and down pretty quickly so I can't click on anything. I don't know if this is a virus, or the monitor has a problem, this is the only computer I've ever heard of doing this. I believe there are some virus in a certain part of the computer, but virus removing software I've tried cannot remove it. Some older virus programs don't recognize the virus.Sometimes, I just want to throw the computer away. For a while the computer acted normal, but a couple of days it started this problem again.Also, the computer gets slow and freezes up pretty often.

Nontek 07:46 AM 20 Jun 11

More information is needed if anyone is going to be able to help you. Are you talking about a Desktop or Laptop, Make and Model of Computer would help. Also what Operating System, like XP Home or Pro/Vista/Win7. The more information you can give, the better.

Nontek 07:48 AM 20 Jun 11

Also, what security software are you using, like AVG/Microsoft Security Essentials/Malwarebytes/SuperAntiSpyware etc .....

eedcam 08:17 AM 20 Jun 11

Have you tried starting in safe mode does it do it then

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites