My computer is infected with a worm and Trojan

rsedw 15:42 10 Mar 11

My 6 year old computer is infected with a 'worm' on Autoplay and has now just picked up a 'Trojan'. I have isolated the Trojan but it is still in my computer.
My computer is an HP Pavilion m9185 which is approx 6 years old.
I have runs scans on the computer with my AVG security (paid for) and have also run Microsoft Malware scan. I have also downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials and have run a scan with this. Non have been able to remove them.

Is it possible to remove them or should I just give in and get a new up to date computer?
I would be very grateful for some advice as I have done everything that I can think of or find on internet and manuals.

VoG II 15:47 10 Mar 11

Download, install, update and run the free version of MalwareBytes click here

ICF 15:48 10 Mar 11

Try the Free Malwarebytes click here

961 15:59 10 Mar 11

If you are happy that your computer there should be no need to buy a new computer

Malwarebytes (free) is the one to use

If that doesn't do the business, post here again preferably with the names of the worms/trojans discovered

961 16:00 10 Mar 11

If you are happy that your computer still does the business for you....

Sorry, brain going slower than fingers

johndrew 16:44 10 Mar 11

You may need to turn off System Restore before you do the scan and retart it after the malware has been cleared as malware can 'hide' in System Restore and reinfect the PC from there.

rsedw 16:57 10 Mar 11

Many thanks to all who have replied...I have taken the advice on board and will try what has been suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…