is my computer infected?

march 14:54 30 Sep 08

When I press ctrl alt delete I can see ‘sqbhp’ can anyone tell me what it is please?

I have googled it and found this site

affanjazilconsultants.com/images/text/2/blog.php?p=20433 - 81k - 13 hours ago –

but as soon as I click on the site it starts running stating computer is infected and starts a cleanup program without me allowing it to do so, is it safe to let it carry on?

If it is not a safe site to fix the problem, then what should I be doing to fix it please?
Can it be sorted using safe mode?

march

sunny staines 14:57 30 Sep 08

click here

click here

use the free version of the above two programs they are the best for repairing spyware problems.
between the two you should be fixed.

Sea Urchin 15:00 30 Sep 08

No don't let it scan your PC but instead download SuperAntiSpyware from

click here

and also Malwarebytes from here

click here

Update them first, and then run (preferably in safe mode) and delete what they find

Sea Urchin 15:01 30 Sep 08

I'm taking too long to type - glad at least that we agree

sunny staines 15:59 30 Sep 08

two great minds think alike.

march 16:54 30 Sep 08

thanks for your replys,have taken so long to reply as i've been running the superantispyware and nothing was found, cannot run the malwarebites as i'm on wins98se any other ideas please?

march 17:35 30 Sep 08

Have been looking on internet & found these so maybe computers not infected but could you tell me if it would be safe to run the scan on offer in the runscanner website click here

click here

hiwatt 18:41 30 Sep 08

Download and run spybot click here in safe mode(by tapping f8 at start up)Run super antispyware again in safe mode and do an online scan with bit defender click here and see if that helps

march 19:22 30 Sep 08

ok hiwatt, thankyou, will do as you say & post back later ( it may be tomorrow before I can post back)
march

skidzy 19:29 30 Sep 08

Download Dr Web cureit (standalone) to a flashdrive and run.click here also on the link is Clamwin,you can safely try both.
Both will run on 98/98se

skidzy 19:41 30 Sep 08

Blimey you need to be careful !!!

I have been researching this (sqbhp) it is related to the rogue program xpAntivirus 2008.(not nice)

I have been following a few google hits and this infects the computer immediately and runs this scan exactly as you say.

For others researching this...DO NOT FOLLOW affanjazilconsultants.com/images/text/2/blog.php?p=20433 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you do not have to agree to the prompt for this to start running on your computer.

If your problem persists,let us know and we can direct you to Malwareremoval or similar.
As this is 98se you may need extra help on this,this will be a start for you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant