My Computer Icon

donmar 19:40 20 Oct 04

When I click on My Computer the box opens but the icons showing the contents have vanished and the box is empty.
I have XP Home.
Can anyone help please. Thank you

Graham ® 19:49 20 Oct 04

Try Start, My Computer. The icon may be pointing to the wrong place.

donmar 20:06 20 Oct 04

Hi Douglas
Tried that but its not there.In fact I notice that every file I open does not display.Eg My docs seems empty etc. Don

Xzrox 21:44 20 Oct 04

*stabs in the dark* The 'web' template for displaying folders and their content may possibly have become corrupt. Try and view a particular folder's settings and when you're in the dialogue box, alter the type of view to something different and apply these changes; then go back to the dialogue box and return the settings to how you had them originally.

donmar 16:01 21 Oct 04

Thanks Xzrox
Did That and got everything showing again in My Documents but I don't seem able to change any in my computer to show what s in the file.

Thanks for the suggestion it works ok for some folders.

rawprawn 17:11 21 Oct 04

Try this Start/Run/ type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and /) you may need your XP disc.

donmar 18:35 21 Oct 04

Thanks rawprawn.

I just get 'cannot find sfc'

rawprawn 09:47 22 Oct 04

When you say you can't find it what do you mean ?
Try this way, put your XP disc in the drive and when it loads hit Exit, but leave the disc in the drive. Next go to Start /click on Run and type sfc /scannow (Watch the spce as I said before)You will see a small program that shows the progress being made.If you are on XP it is there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…