My computer has a worm which Avast can't remove!

DIYgirl 20:25 04 Mar 06

I ran Avast anti-virus software tonight, and it reported that there was a worm in my system: the name it gave me was Win32: Klez-H [Wrm].

I told Avast to automatically repair all the instances it found. Once Avast had finished running I ran it again, just to make sure, and it again reported that this worm was present on my computer. In the report it detailed, “Error occurred during file repair: The file was not repaired”.

When I clicked the button for futher details, I was directed to Avast’s website where I was offered the chance to download a little virus/worm-cleaner program, which is meant to be effective against this worm (this particular worm was named in the list of viruses it was effective against). I duly downloaded the virus/worm-cleaner, and ran it, and it reported that no viruses were found.

I then ran Avast anti-virus again, and the worm was still in place.

What should I do? Should I choose a different option from Avast such as, delete, rather than repair all? Or is there something else I can do to get rid of my little resident worm?

DieSse 20:30 04 Mar 06

Where is it?

If it's in the Restore folder, you can safely ignore it, as it can do no damage from there as long as you don't do a System restore.

SANTOS7 21:03 04 Mar 06
  VoG II 08:11 05 Mar 06

Removal tool click here

Graham ® 09:57 05 Mar 06

See if this will close the gap.

DIYgirl 11:00 05 Mar 06

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

I just finished runnign the tool which SANTOS7 pointed me to. It reported that it did not find any worms or viruses. I then restarted, ran Avast again, and bingo--no worm found.

I'm not quite sure how this was deleted, as apparently none of the detection tools detected it. But it seems to have gone, anyway!

(PS--Graham, the birds are all fine, and we've got budgies now, too. I'm still not on broadband, though!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…