My computer freezes from time to time

haricot 16:26 13 Dec 10

This has only just started to happen and I would like to know if anyone has a solution.

I dont know why it happens . The computer has been on for some time and them suddenly the mouse wont register on screen and/or I cant move the side bar up and down or it wont type a letter etcetc.

It is absolutely infuriating. If anyone can lead me to a solution I would be most grateful.

Thanks

northumbria61 17:27 13 Dec 10

Could be any number of things when it is doing it "randomly" - have a read here click here OR choose from this LIST click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 13 Dec 10

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

haricot 10:59 14 Dec 10

Thanks chaps and sorry about the delay in acknowledging.
I have tried my AVG and Malwares and they give me a clear reading so no probs there.

The other stuff you gave me means a lot of self diagnosing and that is just what I am not any good at, hence asking you guys in the first place.
I regret to say that I am a "green tinhorn" when it comes to computers and the technical side.

Anyhow thanks for your input , I am grateful nevertheless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now