Is my computer controlled by someone else?

Ricky_Singh 21:08 06 Nov 06

I have recently reinstalled Windows XP and reformatted my hard drive after my pc got "messed" up. I installed all the usual programs (Word, Excel) and also Service Pack 2 from the microsoft website. However some interesting things have happened since which did not occur before. Firstly I cant set my home page on Internet Explorer. I followed all possible ways to change it but it keeps going on this next microsoft site and then redirecting to MSN homepage. Also when i install any web-related software (Flash player) it still says i havent installed it. I have changed the internet setting to default but to no avail. I cant install for IE 7 for some reason and when i install some other software it says i havent got certain softeware which i know i have. Also i cant change Windows Firewall settings because they are controlled by Group Policy. But i dont know how to turn group policy off and i know you type gpedit in the run command box but nothing loads up. Is my computer being monitored by some1? Is some1 checking what i do on my computer? I have Spybot, Ad-aware and AVG and have run all these programs and cleaned up the "mess" but none of the problems i mentioned above are resolved. PLEASE HELP!!!

woodchip 21:15 06 Nov 06

Looks to me like you need to save, Backup all what you want to keep like E-Mails Photos and Docs. Then clear the Decks and reload

brundle 21:20 06 Nov 06

gpedit is only included with XP Pro

lotvic 01:15 07 Nov 06

check if your pc is secure
visit Shields Up click here and do the tests
read my post on click here - scroll about 15 posts down.

Belatucadrus 01:28 07 Nov 06

What if any security software have you got installed, particularly anti virus and spyware ?

Belatucadrus 01:29 07 Nov 06

Ignore me, It's late and I've just read the post properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now