My computer contents help please

Hitch-Hiker 21:03 18 Dec 03

Help, When I click on my computer no drives or icons are visable if I use windows explorer they are all there but the contents will not be visable on the right hand of the screen as usual.

Any help please.

Win 98 se2

Taran 21:20 18 Dec 03

Do you have up to date antivirus software ?

I've seen this kind of thing before with virus infection. It could be any one of lots of other things, so don't panic, but if you have good antivirus software it could be worth checking for an update and running a full system scan.

Hitch-Hiker 11:34 20 Dec 03

I safe mode all seems to be ok?

Taran 14:24 20 Dec 03

Are your desktop icons OK and if you open up the My Documents folder or Control Panel are any of the icons missing or misrepresented by unusual icons ?

Has your screen resolution changed at all ?

wee eddie 20:42 20 Dec 03

and see what has a dot by it.

Hitch-Hiker 12:52 21 Dec 03

The trouble seems to be veiw as web page unclick this and all seems to be ok ?

Hitch-Hiker 13:59 21 Dec 03

Why is it that if I view as web page I see nothing?

Rennaissance 16:07 21 Dec 03

what OS?

wee eddie 16:40 21 Dec 03

you don't see the file names on a web page.

My personal preference is usually toward "List" although occasionally I have used "Icons"

Gongoozler 16:51 21 Dec 03

"My Computer" is a variant of Internet Explorer, so a repair or upgrade of IE may cure the problem.

Gongoozler 17:03 21 Dec 03

I found this interesting idea for a blank right pane in Windows Explorer - "click the right pane then press the ctrl key while tapping the numeric pad's + key". I don't know what it does, but it could help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…