My Computer cant Obtain their own IP Address

ST2060 22:00 01 Jan 06

Hello, I have 3 Computer running in my house of my work Domain. They were all running fine when I set up the wireless. But I shut 2 of them down and now they can’t get and IP address. I have 2 Cisco 1200 AP talking to each other. One is set up as a Workgroup Bridge and the other is set up as an AP. I have 2 Domain Controllers 1 Primary and the other Secondary. They are both running 2003 Server Standard edition. and they are my DHCP Servers. But my computers aren’t picking anything up for Auto IP's maybe you can help me if so that would be great thanks

pauldonovan 22:18 01 Jan 06

..in the network forum?

madPentium 03:42 02 Jan 06

In server 2003, have you configured the dhcp and put in an IP range? also have you put in the IP addresses of routers etc?
Its also a good idea to put in the DNS otherwise the servers will scan everywhere they can see to try and resolve them. This will really slow things down.

ST2060 05:18 02 Jan 06

I have already set that stuff up when we had installed the Servers. being that i have 120 other computer that have to run off of it. i dont want to have Static Ip all over. so i have a router set up and i also have the DNS set up. i have done a scan though. i am kind of iffy on that. but other then that thats not the Problem there. I have 2 Cisco Wireless Units they are Aironet 1200's they work great being that we have our house and work are 4 miles apart and we are still talking back and forth. so i am think that the problem that we have is with the 2 Cisco units. but i am not sure. maybe that might help a little more? thanks

ST2060 20:27 15 Jan 06

all i had to do was take the Wireless Bridge and put itup in the tower, and the AP in my house. so now i am reciving IP address. thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now