IS my computer broken plz help

Shutt1e 20:39 13 Nov 06

i was on a website and my computer just truned off and went on to a blue screen, it says something up windows turned itself off to protect your computer, make sure u have installed software correctley ect ect, then at the bottom has : stop then it has a load of leters and numbers, i ahve tried to go into safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt but all go back to the same blue and white screen can someone help plz, and not to techinical answers im a computer noob thx

skidzy 20:50 13 Nov 06

Safe mode and last known good configuration ?

Or safe mode and use system restore to a point the system was stable.This assuming its a software conflict.

ICF 20:50 13 Nov 06

Window XP??

Technotiger 20:54 13 Nov 06

Hi, I had a very similar problem very recently, after investigation it turned out to be a Faulty Memory Stick - it was a new 1Gb, so it was replaced under warranty. All ok now.

Check your memory sticks. If you are not sure how to do this, Post back.

Cheers

Shutt1e 20:55 13 Nov 06

i cant enter any safe modes and i am using windows xp and i go to last good configuration and it goes back to the blue and whtie screen

How cna i do a system restore if i cant boot it up to windows start scrren or run any programs thx for the help

Shutt1e 20:57 13 Nov 06

if ure talking about the little memory things for carying data on i dnt have one so i cant understand why my cmputer just done this

VoG II 20:59 13 Nov 06
  Legolas 21:04 13 Nov 06

Technotiger is refering to your RAM Memory Modules. I have also had this happen and the cause was a dodgy stick of RAM.

Technotiger 21:14 13 Nov 06

Hi, this shows you what RAM (Memory Sticks) look like, and how they work.

click here

skidzy 21:17 13 Nov 06

Shuttle if you change a stick of ram,try that.click here

If you can boot into safe mode,select safemode with networking,wait till the screen shows your desktop.

Then click

Start / All Programs / Accessories / System tools and scroll across to System Restore...select a date before you had problems.

Make sure you stay in safe mode.

If no joy post back

Technotiger 21:17 13 Nov 06

click here

for some clearer pics of RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple