my computer

mr gee 22:16 26 Jun 04

Hi,
just bought a sandisk multi card reader .everything seems to go ok except for the small fact i cant get it to show as a removable drive in my computer so I cant use it .
I am running windows X P home ,Athlon 1800 xp cpu , and the card reader is plugged into a usb2 port (which is working because my printer and scanner are plugged in there

johnnyrocker 22:19 26 Jun 04

check device manager for yellow question/ exclamation mark

johnny.

mr gee 22:24 26 Jun 04

done that ---not showing any problems -it shows up as a drive in disk management just cant get it to show in my computer

jonnytub 22:26 26 Jun 04

is the card reader plugged directly into usb port or hub?, did any drivers come with reader ? have tried the add new hardware wizard ? lets eliminate the simpler things first

mr gee 22:29 26 Jun 04

card plugged into usb2 port on computer (not a hub) drivers for card reader installed --and yes tried adding new hardware wizard

jonnytub 22:32 26 Jun 04

remove reader,uninstall drivers, reboot and see if xp has it's own drivers for it when you plug back in on reboot, (make and model of reader?)

mr gee 22:37 26 Jun 04

done that --still no sign of it in my computer the card is a sandisk 8 in 1 model sddr 88

jonnytub 22:41 26 Jun 04

hmm, going to google back shortly

mr gee 22:45 26 Jun 04

thanks for your help so far

jonnytub 22:46 26 Jun 04

windows update, sp1?

jonnytub 22:50 26 Jun 04

click here a possibilty here but may be alittle extreme,wait and see

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…