My Computer

TN 14:25 01 Mar 04

When I click on my computer the icon for Drive C is Not a Hard Disk icon and when I try to open C I get message: Windows cannot find GhostRecon.Part1.Exe. This programme is required to open files of type 'File'. Typen in executable file to be used.
My son had GhostRecon on my computer for a while and deleted it so is there any other method of opening and reading 'C'. I know I can right click and select open but I would like to get rid of the message

AubreyS 14:31 01 Mar 04

If you still have GhostRecon, you could try reinstalling it, then uninstall it from add and remove programs.

TN 14:36 01 Mar 04

Do not have GhostRecon as son has sold it!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:41 01 Mar 04

Sounds a bit like a problem im having at the minute with my hdd's when i click them i cant open them unless i right click an select open/explore but mine brings up the search assistant looking how to open it,your thread gave me an idea that the file associations may have changed some how but im at a loss how to set then back.Have to see what happens in my thread may help us both.

Regards.

TN 14:51 01 Mar 04

Let's keep our fingers crossed that someone had the problem and fixed it

Jester2K 14:55 01 Mar 04

Check the C Drive for a file called autorun.inf. If present rename and see if that makes a difference.

why not just create a new shortcut?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now