my cd rw draw wont open

blueboys 17:57 04 Dec 04

plz help me my com will not recon my cd-rw in my computer and i cannot open it mainly also i cannot close my computer onto standby

stalion 18:05 04 Dec 04

Should be a very small hole in the front of your drive.Get a paper clip open it out and push it in to the hole

Technotiger 18:05 04 Dec 04

Hi, to open cd drive - left-click on My Computer, then right-click on drive icon, click on eject. If this does not work, shutdown computer wait 20 seconds then with a thin object, such as a straightened paper clip - push end of thin object into small hole on front of drive, this will release drawer - don't do this while drive is running! cheers.

pj123 19:21 04 Dec 04

If it is a formatted CD/RW disk using InCD then you need to right click on the CD drive and select "Eject".

Alternatively, right click on InCD in the System bar (next to the clock) and select "eject" from there.

Halmer 19:41 04 Dec 04

Is it trying to eject but keeps stopping as tho something's hol;ding it back!!?

Ended up replacing it. Very cheap nowadays. Probably mechanical wear.

Halmer 19:41 04 Dec 04

and buy a new one.

Carpigiani 20:01 04 Dec 04

Make sure the power supply is firmly seated into the back of the CD-RW drive. If it is not this would prevent it from opening.

Carpigiani 20:32 04 Dec 04

Is this a new drive? If so make sure it is set as master or slave as necessary.

woodchip 20:35 04 Dec 04

Reboot the computer and remove the CD as it's starting up

woodchip 20:36 04 Dec 04

Reboot the computer and remove the CD as it's starting up.

PS you may have to right click the drive ICON or InCD icon in task Bar near the clock and choose eject

blueboys 22:26 04 Dec 04

why does my cd-rw icon keep disappearing when in my computer and will not let me use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…