My Cd Drives Have Dissapeared

06keldt 12:58 29 May 03

Help My cdroms have dissapeared on my computer, its a pentium 3 600mhz with 128mb sdram 16mb graphics card and an lg cdrom and a free com cd rewiter

AndySD 13:02 29 May 03

Which Operating system?

Stuartli 16:13 29 May 03

I had this problem a few weeks back - both were fully listed in Device Manager in Safe Mode but not in normal use.

Eventually I worked out that attempts to improve the air flow through my case by moving the cables etc had caused the IDE cable from the two drives to be pulled out of the main IDE cable plug socket on the motherboard.

I had naturally inspected that the drives' plugs and power supplies were correctly plugged in but the other end was hidden by the realigned cabling.

Reinsterted the secondary cable plug into socket and voila!

Despicable Desperado 23:39 29 May 03

Have you just added one of them?

06keldt 20:57 16 Oct 03

I am currently runninng windows 98 on my drive, and i recently found out that i have several hundred (400 to be exact) strains of the same virus, however the problem still appeares now and again i have tried Stuartli's solution, but to no avail.

I have checked Device Manager and the Cd-Rom controllers are not listed, in fact, when the problem arises the entry for CD-Rom is totally missing.
I have now got rid of the virus using Norton 2003 with the latest update.

As For Despicable Desperado's question i have NOT added any drives, even though the system was 'Custom Built' By Jennings Computer Services of Scarborough, there was no problems with the computer, they made a good build, there on Upper Victoria Road.

06keldt 20:59 16 Oct 03

The virus i had was the Windows 95 Dupator Virus

Does this mean anything???
Please Help

06keldt 13:21 01 Dec 03

I am running Windows 98 Second Edition with all the updates and paches...
Please help. I need the Cd drive for some company documents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…