My C\.. drive opens up automatically on start up

ntst 12:20 22 Dec 04

I am on windows 98 and recently noticed that on start up the c\.. opens up automatically. How can I stop this happening? Also any suggestions on updating my old Norton virus scan? Lastly, do I need to download Microsoft's virus patches?

regards
ntst

xania 12:24 22 Dec 04

Not sure what you mean about c:\ opening automatically - do you mean Windows Explorer? You have probably got it into your Start-up somehow. <Start><Run><msconfig> and see what's in the right-most tab.

You should certainly install all the MS patches and update your Virus Checker if you are using the Internet in any way.

ntst 12:36 22 Dec 04

Its the "C" folder that opens up on the desk top screen which I then have to close every time. Thanks for your help Xania

GaT7 12:55 22 Dec 04

This thread has been ticked resolved - is it?

If not resolved try this. Uninstall any software you recently installed & reinstall. If no luck click here. G

ntst 14:10 22 Dec 04

Thanks crossbow7 . I will give it a try and see what happens. Any suggestions on a good anti-virus checker for windows 98?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 22 Dec 04

All these free programs work with 98

Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
Microworld click here

ntst 16:02 22 Dec 04

Thanks for the various Anti Virus updates

GaT7 18:05 22 Dec 04

ntst, did you manage to solve your original problem? If yes, how please. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…